Nobody knows why Windows 10 creators neglected the common since Windows 7 default picture watcher – Windows Photo Viewer, and use the Modern application Photos as opposed to it. The old photo watcher is associated just with *.tif and *.tiff report extensions, and there is no way to open various types of graphical records in it. Regardless of the way that Photos application has more features (channels, picture taking care of, and visual effects), the old How to Enable Windows Photo Viewer is speedier and more profitable. In this article we’ll consider how to restore the old Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10.
- As we have quite recently discussed, you can’t use Windows Photo Viewer as a program to open graphical records, particularly:
- There is no Photo Viewer in the settings of record growth association with the ventures in the Control Panel
- Photo Viewer isn’t available in the menu Open with…
- You can’t consign an executable record physically, since there are no executable reports in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Photo Viewer” or “C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer”
There is no Preview decision in the setting menu of graphical records
Windows 10 engineers have cleared all select keys related with Windows Photo Viewer, however the gadget itself still stays in the system and is arranged in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Photo Viewer\.
Windows Photo Viewer (WPV) has been around for a long time until Windows 10 when Microsoft decides to thoroughly make it unusable for general customers. Or maybe, the new Photos application is right now the default photo watcher. It’s not a wonder since Microsoft has push its Universal App Platform (UAP) to a great degree hard to get more power for Windows Store. While Photos application has a propelled look and some cool features like affecting accumulation and auto to picture amendment, a couple of customers may at introduce lean toward using the colossal old WPV. On the off chance that you’re one of them, you’ll be upbeat to know there is a way to deal with enable WPV in Windows 10.
The best technique to ENABLE WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER
In order to enable WPV, you need to take off change to the Registry. Not surprisingly, it’s an OK practice to move down your Registry at whatever point before modifying this sensitive part.
- When you’re readied, download this record from the association underneath.
- When it completed downloading, twofold tap it and hit Yes at the trade to apply the change to Registry.
- Restart your PC to guarantee everything works fine.
The best technique to MAKE WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER DEFAULT PHOTO VIEWER
Directly you have WPV back yet regardless of all that it ought to be set as default application so you can open any photo report with it.
- Sort “Default App” into the request box on the Taskbar and run the result “Default application settings”
- In Settings windowbook.org, under Photo Viewer, hit the present default application and you’ll see an assurance for Windows Photo Viewer.
- By then you’re done and that is all to take to engage WPV in Windows 10. You would now have the capacity to value seeing your photos in a tolerable ol’ outlined way.